Saturday 4 October 2014

Lifeless Hair to Healthy Hair in 6 weeks.

Hey everyone! This post is all about haircare and maintaining healthy, shiny locks. I started dying my hair when I was around 15 so that's 10 years of constant colouring to my hair. Nevermind all the straightening and curling I have put my hair through. My hair is naturally wavy/frizzy so if I don't blow dry it or straighten it, it just looks a mess. 

I always use good shampoos, intensive treatments and hair oils but it was still dry at the ends and lacked shine. I have balayage at the moment so that would of course dry out my ends. I'm planning on getting rid of that in the coming weeks though! 

So I decided I would try and not use any heat on my hair for 6 weeks and see would I notice much of an improvement.

I have been using Redken All Soft Shampoo for dry/brittle hair, Nioxin Repair Hair Masque and Mane 'n' Tail Spray Therapy. Every other week I used my own home made moisture rich masque a mix of coconut oil and olive oil. I have already done a post about that if you're interested in reading it you will find it further down my list of posts. I leave it to dry naturally and then put in some Kerastsae Ultime Elixir. 




The 6 weeks is up so I booked in for a wash cut and blow dry, my hair feels way softer and defintley looks a lot shinier. Below I have a before and after picture, my hair in the before pic looks terrible :-( the colour photographed really weird the flash was on and it just made my hair look really copper for some reason but you can defintley see a difference in the texture of my hair and shine. It grew too I got around 2 inches taken off and it's now still the same lenght as before.




I'm going to try and go another 6 weeks and see how I get on! I bought all the products I used on http://www.petermark.ie/ and if you purchase two bottles of any haircare product you get 20% off. 

Happy Friday :-)
Zoë


No comments:

Post a Comment