Tuesday 5 August 2014

DIY Hair Mask

Hi everyone, so who doesn't want soft, shiny, healthy hair? Sometimes with all the heat styling and colouring our hair takes it can leave it more dry and dull than how we wish it would be. 

I always use an intensive treatment on my hair because I have been colouring it for years so it needs some tlc! I buy treatments but sometimes I make my own, this one is so simple and easy to do there's only 2 ingredients, I used extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil. I like to apply this every few weeks. 

The olive oil nourishes and moisturises hair and gives it shine, its great for dry/damaged hair. The coconut oil also moisturises and leaves hair really soft, sometimes I add a bit of honey that's really good for holding in moisture and has restorative properties but I didn't have any this time so I just left it out. I heated the oil in the microwave for 30 seconds and applied to my scalp and lengths of hair. This is a really good treatment if you have a dry scalp or dandruff just spend a bit of time massaging it into your scalp. I wrapped my hair in a warm towel and left it in for a few hours and shampooed as normal. My hair was so soft after and the coconut oil leaves it smelling gorgeous! 





Let me know your DIY hair mask recipies I'd love to try them!
Thanks for reading,
Zoë x 

No comments:

Post a Comment